Degree Type:Master of Business Administration
Department:Department of Management
Modes of Study:Regular Sandwich
Every society needs critical minds trained at an advanced level with skills and competencies in creating new knowledge and in analysing the environment in which management and administration take place. The MBA in General Management is designed to equip scholars develop and sharpen management theories to enhance their contributions to management education and practice.
The master's programme will be run for three (3) sandwich semesters spanning over 24 months.A sandwich semester will be between the months of June and July and last for eight (8) wweeks.The programme comprises of 14 courses.The courses of the programme are designed to develop skills in a number essential areas of management and these will be delivered through case studies,lectures,seminars and group discussions.In addition,students will be required to submit a dissertation.
Applicants must have a First degree with Second Class Lower or better from any recognized University.
OR Professional qualification such as ICA, ACCA and CIMA, CIM, CIB, CIPS and other accredited professional certificates plus three years post qualification work experience.
The specific objectives are to:
1. equip students with knowledge in managerial and organizational skills
2. equip students with skills in data collection and analysis that will enable recipients to approach management problems logically and from a theoretical perspective
3. develop the capacity of students in identifying problems and conducting original research
4. provide avenues for managers and would be managers to improve upon their expertise in the field of management
5. develop students’ ability to understand and appreciate emerging national and international business issues